One thing we’ve learned from running a hyperlocal website is that every single person we have encountered has a specific cause that is near and dear to their heart. We have also learned that not every organization has the resources available to put together huge events and sometimes can’t think of fun and profitable fundraising ideas that will not become an administrative nightmare.
Whether your cause is to help raise money for research or for your own child’s school, PTA, athletic team, scout groups or any other non-profit organization, you will 100% want to check this great new online fundraising idea, Contest Cause. We all love to support every group that we can, but let’s be honest – how many candy bars or rolls of wrapping paper can we really buy in our lifetime?
Contest Cause lets any group run a fundraising t-shirt design contest for any cause. The company was launched by a local team, which, not surprisingly, includes a Long Island mom! And the best part is that it is super easy to set up your organization, raise money and have fun doing it instead of constantly dealing with logistical headaches.
And really, when I say super easy, I mean seriously super easy.
- Register your group on Contest Cause’s website and you will immediately receive a personalized and easy to remember web address – something like yourgroupname.contestcause.com. This is a fantastic feature because (a) it will be easy to remember and (b) won’t get spammed when you include it in e-mails. You’ll be asked to give some more information about your fundraiser including your fundraising goal and the length of time you want your fundraiser to be – you can choose from 14, 30 or 90 days.
- Design your shirt – now the fun starts! You can submit your own custom design, upload images or use in-stock designs and add text.
- As soon as your cause has two or more designs, the voting starts! You can get anyone and everyone you know – all of your organizations’ supporters, your Facebook friends, Twitter followers, aunts, uncles, teachers, bus drivers – to vote for their favorite design. Each person can vote once per day and can also submit their own design.
- During the voting time period, everyone can support your cause by ordering one of the t-shirts – and this is where the fundraising comes in. For every t-shirt purchased, Contest Cause will give 1/3 of the price back to the organization at the end of the fundraiser (t-shirts sell for $19.50 during the voting period, $22.50 after voting closes). So, everyone who orders is not only receiving a custom shirt designed for their group, but is helping out the group at the same time!
- The design with the most votes wins! At the end of your fundraiser, the winning t-shirt design will be custom-made and sent to everyone who ordered them, as long as at least 10 shirts have been ordered. (Note that if less than 10 shirts have been ordered, Contest Cause will give you an additional 15 days to sell more shirts).
Did I lie when I said easy?
Don’t you love it?
Contest Cause is a fantastic fundraiser idea – whether it stands alone or is an addition to an organized event (just make sure you set your contest up with enough time before your event).