How has your first week of 2012 been? Hopefully the hectic-ness of the holiday season has died down and things are getting back to normal (whatever that may be in your house!). After a few blustery days with temps feeling like the single digits, the coming weekend’s mid-40’s will be a nice relief. In case you’ve been dragging your heels on making plans this weekend and are faced with blank stares and the “what are we going to do’s”, we’ve picked out our top 5 events of this weekend on Long Island. Enjoy!
- In the mood to be entertained? There are still tickets available for performances of Disney on Ice Mickey & Minnie’s Magical Journey (Nassau Coliseum) and Frosty (John W. Engemann Theater, Northport).
- Long Island Children’s Museum (Garden City) is opening their latest permanent exhibit – Feasts for Beasts. Discover the amazing ways animals find and eat their food and participate in fun themed activities additions to the animal menagerie. Regular weekend programing of Messy Afternoons is on, as well as a special performance of The Patchwork Girl of Oz in the LICM theater.
- Prolong the holiday season with a visit to the Wrong Island Railroad (Lake Ronkonkoma) and see the train displays.
- Gymboree (various locations) will have their regular Open Play – visit their newly released 2012 schedule for locations and times.
- The Nassau County Museum of Art (Roslyn Harbor) has Nathan Saway’s latest works of Lego sculpture through March 18.
For more information on these events and more, visit our Community Calendar. Whatever you wind up doing this weekend, have fun!