After the rain we had this week, don’t we deserve a nice, sunny and warm weekend? Looks like that’s what we are going to get! Not sure what to do? Here are our top picks for families this weekend, right here on Long Island.
- Merrick Kids Fest is at the Merrick LIRR Station (Sunrise Highway) from Friday through Sunday. Congratulations to our winners of the POP Bracelets, we hope you have a great time!
- West Hills Day Camp is hosting their first Spring Carnival on Saturday.
- Get your date on and pick a restaurant participating in Long Island Restaurant Week through Sunday.
- Hang out with the animals at The Bronx Zoo’s Animal Tales Extravaganza.
- See a show: Cinderella (John W. Engeman Theater, Northport), Dorothy and the Land of Oz (Vanderbilt Estate Carriage House Theater, Centerport), The Adventures of Peter Rabbit (Theatre Three, Port Jefferson)
- Kids can craft multicolored birds to hang in the air at Lakeshore Learning Store’s free craft for kids Saturday from 11am – 3pm.
- Support fellow Long Islanders by learning to ride a unicycle at the Crohn’s & Colitis Foundation fundraiser on Sunday at Just One Wheel (Plainview).
- Enjoy the museums: Long Island Children’s Museum has scheduled programs & shows throughout the weekend and the Nassau County Museum of Art is hosting Family Sundays at the Museum.
- See Gustafer Yellowgold, the yellow guy from the sun, at Cinema Arts Centre (Huntington).
Whatever you do, have a great time!