If you are part of a school district who did not cancel this past week’s February break, hopefully you had a great time (and everything you did was less crowded!!). For the rest of us, it was just another week filled with school and homework. Although, most of my kids’ after-school activities kept to their original schedules and did not have classes this week.
On to next weekend…..If you haven’t made plans yet, there are a lot of great fun (and many free) events going on around Long Island. Here are my top picks for the weekend.
**Note – we usually link up to our events calendar but we are having some technical difficulties and had to disable it until it can be fix. Thanks in advance for your patience!!**
- FREE: Do a craft at Lakeshore Learning Center (Saturday) New Hyde Park
- Make a mess and let LICM’s staff clean it up (Saturday & Sunday) Garden City
- FREE: Make your own arts & crafts at Guild Hall (Saturday & Sunday) East Hampton
- Celebrate the Jewish holiday of Purim at the Suffolk Y JCC’s Purim Carnival featuring a DJ dance party, cotton candy, carnival booths with prizes and more (Sunday) Commack
- See an all-youth performance of everyone’s favorite, The Wizard of Oz (Saturday/Sunday) Smithtown
- Learn about the process and see how maple sugar is made (& taste the finished product)! (Saturday) Setauket/East Setauket
- Bring your child and her favorite doll and tea cup for a cup of tea (Saturday & Sunday) Huntington
- If your child is interested in the arts (performing and/or creative) and you aren’t sure what to do for the summer, take a tour of Usdan Center for the Creative and Performing Arts (Sunday) Wheatley Heights
- Enjoy family activities during Family Sundays at the Museum Roslyn Harbor
Whatever you do, have a great weekend!