The calendar says it’s May, although our weather sure doesn’t. I think my son’s Little League team has had more rain outs this season that actual games played! Well, we won’t let some rain get in our way of having a fantastic time this weekend, will we? Here are our top picks for families on Long Island this weekend.
- Learn How To Massage Your Newborn with ChiroMom, Dr. Dana Walters. This FREE infant massage class will be held at ChiroMom’s offices on Thursday, May 15, and geared towards babies from birth through 3 months old.
- Continuing this weekend is the Bronx Zoo’s Animal Tales Extravaganza, both Saturday and Sunday.
- This weekend’s theater offerings include Cinderella (John W. Engeman Theater, Northport), Disney’s Alice in Wonderland, Jr. (The Theater at Twin Oaks Country Day School, Freeport), Dorothy and the Land of Oz (Vanderbilt Estate Carriage House Theater, Centerport) or How I Became A Pirate (CM Performing Arts Center, Oakdale)
- Kids can craft rainbow colored creatures on scratch paper at Lakeshore Learning Store‘s free craft for kids Saturday from 11am – 3pm.
- Enjoy local museums: Long Island Children’s Museum has scheduled programs & shows throughout the weekend and the Nassau County Museum of Art is hosting Family Sundays at the Museum.
- Usdan Center for the Creative & Performing Arts is holding their last camp open house of the season, starting Sunday at 11am.
- Kids can learn about volcanoes at the Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum on Sunday at 230pm.
- Support literacy among at-rick children in the New York Area in the name of Brooke Jackman, a Long Island resident who lost her life at age 23 during the 9/11 attacks. The 7th Annual Brooke Jackman Race for Literacy is this Saturday in Oyster Bay.
- Get great deals on kids clothes and other items – over 30,000 items are priced up to 90% off retail!! – at The Kids Kloset’s Spring/Summer Consignment Sale in Nassau (Garden City).
More information on these and other events can be found on our Community Calendar.
Whatever you do, have a great time!