Early one Sunday morning, our family of 4 left our house early to to Splish Splash, an amazing Long Island water park, when the gates opened at 10 a.m. When we arrived, the parking lot was practically empty. (Flashback to National Lampoon’s Vacation…Walley World was closed when the Griswold’s arrived.)
After buying our tickets, renting a locker and slathering on the sunscreen, we were ready for some wild wet fun. My boys were in charge of navigating us through the park. We started out on Splash Landing. It was great that each slide had shoe cubbies to minimize the barefoot walking. The line moved quickly and we were set to get wet!
We tried to mix up the tamer slides with the more adventurous ones. Dr. Von Dark’s Tunnel of Terror sounded much scarier than it actually was. My favorite water park attraction is always the Lazy River and the one at Splish Splash did not disappoint. With a strong current that kept you moving, it was so relaxing to just float around while seeing other park patrons having fun.
Going on all the rides, we really worked up an appetite. There were many dining choices all around the park. My kids inhaled the yummy popcorn chicken and fries in record speed so they could get back to the fun. My husband and I needed more time to digest, so we let the boys go on Alien Invasion. I was sure that I heard my son screaming from the bench we were sitting on (which, by the way, he emphatically denied).
The highlight of the day was going to the new addition to the park, Kahuna Bay. This wave pool was beyond awesome. The waves just kept on coming. It was amazing to see how many people fit in this gigantic pool too. I loved seeing the Boogie Boarders work on their skills as well as the families with children of all ages having fun.
The slides with boats that hold four people are the best. To have a family day is one thing, but to go down a crazy slide all together is a different level of fantastic!
A few notes if your family is going to go to Splish Splash
- The park opens daily at 10am.
- Height restrictions are posted for all rides and are strictly enforced and there is a kiddie slide area with rides specifically designed for kids under 44 inches tall.
- You can purchase your ticket online before you go. Discount tickets are available for kids under 48″ tall.
- H2Go passes can be purchased online as well – these passes are like a virtual reservation system that will cut your wait time down. Depending on what day you are going (weekend/weekday), the H2Go pass varies in price.
- For an additional fee, you can rent a Private Cabana Area, lifejackets, strollers, wheelchairs and lockers.
- There is an additional fee for parking.
Splish Splash is located at 2549 Splish Splash Drive in Calverton.