My Son Pinocchio, Jr. is the latest musical performance on the children’s stage at CM Performing Arts Center (931 Montauk Highway, Oakdale). Shows will be performed from July 5 through July 19 (click here for scheduled performances) and tickets are $12.
In Disney’s My Son Pinocchio, Jr., the classic tale of toymaker Geppetto’s little wooden puppet is given new life. This new musical, which retells the classic Disney story from Geppetto’s perspective, features the beloved classic songs “When You Wish Upon a Star” and “I’ve Got No Strings,” alongside a host of new songs by Oscar- and Grammy Award-winner and master melodist Stephen Schwartz, tackling timely issues about what it means to be “the perfect child” – and what it means to be “a real father.” Join the Blue Fairy, Stromboli and a lively cast of characters as Geppetto journeys beyond the toy shop to discover the meaning of family.
A special sensory friendly performance of this show will take place on Saturday, July 12, 2014 at 11am.
During the sensory friendly performance,
- Instead of being turned completely off, the house lights will remain on during the performance.
- The volume level of the performance will be reduced.
- There will be a sensory area available int he lobby of the theater for children who need to take a break from the show. Coloring sheets and stress sensory toys will be available for children to borrow and use as needed.
- The atmosphere during the show will be relaxed and inclusive where patrons can feel comfortable being able to enter and exit the theater.
- Tablets and smartphones will be permitted.
- A social story and character guide is available to assist families in preparing for a live theater experience.
- The performance will run approximately 60 minutes with no intermission.
- Children will be free to talk and vocalize as much as they wish.
- Parent/caregivers/chaperones are welcome to provide snacks (ie Cheerios, goldfish, pretzels, etc.) and water to bring into the theater.
For any questions relating to the sensory friendly or other performances, please contact CM Performing Arts Center at 631.218.2810 or visit their website at www.cmpac.com.