My kids love summertime except for one thing – sunscreen. It’s a daily battle to put it on them before camp or going to the pool, and if during the day we need to reapply, forget it. We are constantly telling them about the dangers of the sun and how the sunscreen is for their protection, but it doesn’t fly. They’ve come up with every excuse in the book – it’s sticky, it smells bad, it’s too hot, it’s too cold, it’s too wet – the list can go on forever.
A few weeks ago, we received a box in the mail that they were very excited to open. Imagine their reactions when they saw that it was SUNSCREEN! We received 4 bottles of the new Neutrogena Wet Skin Sunblock – kids, 30, 50 and 85+. Surprisingly, my kids were happy to test it out.
The Pros (according to the parents)
– It’s quick to apply – spray, rub and you’re done,
– The smell is light and clean – not heavy with coconut like many sunscreens – and it doesn’t linger,
– Easily absorbed by dry or wet/sweaty skin without becoming a sticky and dripping mess,
– Available in a wide range of SPF levels, and
– Like other Neutrogena products, it is hypoallergenic and great for sensitive skin.
The Con (according to the kids)
– It’s cold as it sprays on.
So in the grand scheme of things, the con from the kids really is not a big deal, especially when I know how well the Neutrogena brand will protect our skin from the sun. And with the Wet Skin Sunblock introducing a new Helioplex technology, I’m not worried about drying the kids off to reapply when they get out of the pool or are super sweaty.
Disclosure: We wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Neutrogena and received sunscreen and other Neutrogena products as a thank you for our participation.