Now more than ever, with our economy in its current state, scholarships are helping kids across the country to achieve their educational goals. College is getting more and more difficult for parents to pay for and fewer families are qualifying for financial aid and loans.
If you know a child between the ages of 6 and 18 who has made a positive impact on their community, nominate them for the Kohl’s Cares Scholarship Program. Through this program, over 2,100 young volunteers across the country will be recognized for their amazing contributions and receive more than $415,000 in scholarships and prizes.
To be eligible,
* kids must be between the ages of 6 and 18 years old and not yet a high school graduate,
* must have gone above and beyond what is expected of a child his or her age,
* all actions must be described in detail,
* volunteer efforts must have occurred within the last year,
* All of the above must be true as of March 15, 2011.
Winners are chosen based on the project, benefits and outcome. Store winners will each receive a $50 Kohl’s Gift Card, regional winners will each be awarded a $1,000 scholarship for post-secondary education and National Winners will each be awarded a total of $10,000 in scholarships
for post-secondary education and Kohl’s will donate $1,000 to a
non-profit organization on each winner’s behalf.
Nominate your child, one of your students, a family member or a neighbor today – nominations are being accepted through March 15. Visit www.kohlskids.com for complete rules and entry forms.