As summer’s end is looming closer and closer and we are all trying to deny that school is approaching, we all need to enjoy what remains of the summer. Here are our top pics if you haven’t already booked your weekend.
- If you’re feeling crafty Saturday afternoon, take the kids to the Drop In Kids Art Workshops at the Nassau County Museum in Roslyn. Great hands-on program for kids between ages 4 and 10 and is free with museum admission. Drop in any time – no reservations are needed.
- Get a group of friends together Saturday night and enjoy the fantastic weather we’ve been having and see The Wizard of Oz performed by Plaza Theatrics at Morgan Park in Glen Cove or watch the latest version of one of our favorite movies from the 80’s – The Karate Kid at Martin “Bunky” Reid Park in Westbury.
- Looking for an indoor activity where the kids can get out all of their energy? Once Upon A Treetop in Plainview is holding special weekend Open Play hours in their little city starting at 2pm on Saturday and 3pm on Sunday. Pump It Up in Great Neck has Family Jump Pop-In Playtime at 145pm on Saturday and a special breakfast with a surprise character on Sunday morning at 10am.
- Pet mommies and daddies can experience a doggie trunk show in East Hampton on Sunday – bring your dog for a special treat and sip on champagne while you shop at Catherine Malandrino Boutique. You’ll be doing good as well because 15% of proceeds from everything sold during the trunk show will benefit the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons.
- Weather permitting on Sunday, local free concerts include Morgan Park Summer Music Festival, Stony Brook Village Center’s Concerts on the Green and Goldilocks in concert at North Hempstead Beach Park.
- If it’s raining on Sunday, take a break and bring the kids to the movies. We can all revisit our childhoods with the Smurfs or rock out to Glee the 3D Concert Movie, both now in theaters.
As always, check our Community Calendar for more info on these and other events.
What are you doing this weekend?