It’s almost Spring. It’s almost Spring. I keep saying that so I believe it, despite the weather we are having. Don’t forget to push your clicks ahead this weekend. Yes, we lose an hour but won’t it be nice to start having longer days?
Do you have plans this weekend? Check out my top picks for things to do with the kids! Enjoy!
- Safety First On Saturday and Sunday, The Nassau County Firefighter Museum and Education Center will be giving away smoke detectors to paid museum entrants between 10am and 5pm. Limit of 1 per family. Garden City
- FREE Magic lessons for kids (and grownups) at The Magic Shop. Levittown
- FREE admission to the First Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at the Old Bethpage Restoration Village will feature Irish music and dancers. Traditional food & drink will be available for purchase. Old Bethpage
- Start your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations early at Hofstra’s 15th Annual Irish Experience Festival. Hempstead
- Take a break from your own bad day and see Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day at Landmark on Main Street. Port Washington
- The Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery & Aquarium is offering FREE admission to Girl Scouts wearing their scouting uniforms. Cold Spring Harbor
Saturday & Sunday
- All children under the age of 12 are invited to plant their own snap pea seed FREE at Hicks Nurseries. Let it sprout indoors and then plant it outside and watch it grow!Westbury