Camp is over and our kids are back to school next week. Can you believe how fast the summer went? I feel like it was just July 1! We’re getting back to school and all the things that come with it and I don’t think my kids are too happy about it.
What are you up to over the next few days? If you haven’t made plans, check out the top picks of things to do this weekend on Long Island.
- Enjoy the outdoors while kids (ages 8 through 13) can participate in the 8th Annual Junior Triathalon in Oyster Bay.
- Learn about railroading history at the Railroad Museum’s family fun days this weekend in Riverhead.
- The Seafood Festival in Sayville has the most delicious seafood to eat, as well as live performances, children’s activities, live pirate shows, public sails aboard our historic Oyster Sloop Priscilla, “Going Green” environmental exhibits and over 50 of the top arts and crafts vendors from around the country
- Enjoy the yellow creature from the sun, Gustafer Yellowgold, as he performs at the Goat on a Boat Puppet Theater in Sag Harbor.
- Great shows for kids, including Pinkalicious at Long Island Children’s Museum in Garden City and Tales of Neverland at the Vanderbilt Estate Carriage House Theater in Centerport.