And just like that, once again, the weekend is upon us. I can’t believe how fast the days and weeks are flying by! Summer is officially over and we are moving on to fall. I am hopeful that it won’t snow before Halloween this year and that we will have an easy winter.
As a side note, don’t forget that you can let many Long Island families know about what you’ve got going on by adding your own events to our Long Island Event Calendar! Please don’t submit class schedules or anything that you need to be a member to attend, and please don’t use the calendar as free advertising for your business. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and ask away.
Enjoy the great weather we are supposed to have this weekend at some fantastic outdoor events around Long Island. My picks for the weekend are below.
- Enjoy the theater – Dora and Footloose are both playing this weekend.
- Lowe’s stores have a FREE Build & Grow Clinic for kids – this week kids can build a fire truck to celebrate Safety Month. (Note: you do need to register for these free workshops in advance and they often fill up, so make sure that you call to check before you go.)
- Enjoy the outdoors at the Garden City South Street Fair.
- Old Westbury Gardens is hosting Kidsfest, a day of fun and educational activities featuring music and a family concert by Tim and the Space Cadets.
- Weekend staples are also continuing – Family Sundays at the Museum, Messy Afternoons and the free craft for kids at Lakshore Learning Center.