Two days of weekend go much faster than two days of during the week, don’t they? I feel like I blink and the weekends are gone. For those who observed Yom Kippur, I hope you had an easy fast this week – and for those who didn’t, I hope you had a nice extra day off!
This weekend is a busy one for us – we have the usual soccer and baseball games, and Saturday night we’ll be celebrating the wedding of our good friends AND attending our high school reunion! Looking forward to both!
If you haven’t made plans yet for this weekend, there are a lot of great fun (and many free) events going on around Long Island. Here are my top picks for the weekend (and of course, there are many more on the Long Island Event Calendar). Have a great weekend!
- The Bellmore Fall Festival is back at the Bellmore LIRR Station (Sunrise Highway). A great annual event that is super fun for adults and kids. Saturday & Sunday
- A Special Day for Special Kids is one day dedicated to children with special needs, a place where children of all ages, with autism spectrum disorder, Asperger syndrome, Tourette’s syndrome, ADHD, OCD, and other related neurobiological disorders, can feel comfortable enough to let go and just have fun in a safe environment.Saturday
- Bring your dog to Dog Days at the Gardens (Old Westbury Gardens) for a walk and exercise in designated areas. All dogs must be leashed.Saturday & Sunday
- Have a day learning and playing with the Girl Scouts of Suffolk County at the Long Island Game Farm. Saturday
- Syosset Fire Department is holding their annual Open House with fun for everyone. Sunday
- Fall Weekends at Benner’s Farm start this weekend – pick pumpkins, swing on a giant tree swing, visit the farm animals, purchase some fresh produce, or come to a food workshop. Saturday & Sunday