Doesn’t 9am to 3pm sound so much longer than it actually feels? Whether you are a stay-at-home or working parent, the kids time in school just totally flies. And then it’s the weekend, and that totally flies.
Not sure what you’re doing this weekend? Here are our top picks – and of course there are more on our Long Island Events Calendar.
- One of my kids (and my) favorite events of the year is this Saturday – the Annual Neighborhood Carnival for Sunrise Day Camp. Every year since 2008, the Innamorato family raises thousands of dollars for Sunrise Day Camp, the only camp in the country dedicated to children with cancer and their siblings, all because of an idea that their then 3rd grade daughter had. You can read the whole story about Alyssa and her idea, but if you are around Syosset on Saturday afternoon, bring the kids and stop by Birchwood Court West for an amazing time!
- Learn how to help the environment by creating unexpected indoor plants from recycled seeds and scraps of kitchen leftovers at Don’t Throw It, Grow It at Old Westbury Gardens on Saturday afternoon.
- See Footloose performed at Take One Theater in Farmingville during performances Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.
- Kids can make a bushel shaped basket and fill it with all of the apples they can color at Lakeshore Learning Center’s free weekly craft for kids.
- Visit the Nassau County Museum of Artfor a great program, Family Sundays at the Museum. They offers supervised art activities for kids and the adults in their lives — family gallery talks and family-friendly gallery guides. The gallery talks begin at 1 pm followed by an art activity at 1:30.
Whatever you do, have a great weekend!