It’s almost the weekend! Hooray!!! Are your kids off next week? Our schools here are closed only on Monday. In a way, I am kind of glad that my kids are not on vacation the whole week – we didn’t have any plans to go away and it saves me from having to figure out what to do with them every day while I work.
If you haven’t made plans yet for this weekend, there are a lot of great fun (and many free) events going on around Long Island. Here are my top picks for the weekend (and of course, there are many more on the Long Island Event Calendar).
- FREE: Do a free craft at Lakeshore Learning Center (Saturday) New Hyde Park
- Make a mess and let LICM’s staff clean it up (Saturday & Sunday) Garden City
- FREE: Make your own arts & crafts at Guild Hall (Saturday & Sunday) East Hampton
- Fun for tweens as they Jump & Jam Karaoke (Sunday) or pop in for play time with the little ones at Pump it Up (Monday) Plainview
- Bounce & slide at open play at Bouncers & Slydos (Monday) Farmingdale
- See the Disney movie Ponyo at the Whaling Museum (Monday) Cold Spring Harbor
- Watch live theater – Freckleface Strawberry‘s adventures with friends or Disney’s Mulan (Saturday) East Islip, Elmont
- Skate at one of the President’s Day Weekend Skate Sessions (Saturday/Sunday/Monday) Seaford
Whatever you do, have a great weekend!