There’s definitely no shortage of holiday celebrations going on this weekend across Long Island. Not sure what to do? Here’s our list of suggestions! Check the Community Calendar for exact dates, times and locations of each of these (and other) events.
- Build a Gingerbread House and meet Chanukah Harry and Santa at Bouncers & Slydos indoor inflatable center in Farmingdale on Friday afternoon.
- Newsday’s Holiday Lights Festival will be going on each night this weekend. Stroll along a walk featuring 625 feet of holiday light displays that will amaze everyone, enjoy a full-sized ice skating rink and a festive holiday marketplace.
Wave in the winter with your very own hand-made whimsical tree at the Long Island Children’s Museum in Garden City on Friday afternoon. Kids will use a variety of fun materials as they stamp a one-of-a-kind snow-covered tree holiday craft.
- On Saturday or Sunday, join Celebrations In The Kitchen in Hicksville to decorate a Holiday Gingerbread or Chocolate House.
- The Suffolk Y JCC is holding their annual Hanukkah party on Saturday at 6pm. Celebrate with a menorah lighting, traditional latkes, dreidle games and a special Hanukkah concert featuring rock singer Sheldon Low.
- A great holiday tradition of many Long Island families, The Nutcracker Ballet, will be performed by the New York Dance Theater at Hofstra University this weekend, under the artistic direction of Frank Ohman.
- Celebrate the holiday season at Long Island Aquarium by having Breakfast With Santa on Sunday morning.
- Let your princesses celebrate Christmas a little bit early with her favorite princesses, Belle, Aurora & Cinderella, during the Princess Christmas Party at Darlings and Divas of Amityville on Sunday.
- Clark Botanic Gardens will feature a lighted landscape and an indoor holiday train display from dusk until 8pm. This weekend, children will be treated to special activities, train displays, nature crafts, holiday readings and much more.
Don’t forget, Gymboree Play & Music holds open play every day for the little ones. Visit their schedule of times and locations here.