- Our forecast is partly cloudy but not rainy, so take advantage of the nice weather and spend part of your weekend outdoors. A perfect place to spend some time is the Oyster Festival – tons of food, shopping and activities for the whole family, plus we have some special discount coupons you can download and print.
- Relax while your kids run around and expend some energy at open plays at Gymboree and Once Upon A Treetop, or Preschool Playdate at BounceU in Farmingdale.
- Halloween is almost here – visit the Daytime Corn Maze & Kids Haunted House at Schmitt’s Family Farm. For a new twist on an amusement park, Bayville Scream Park has Kids “Not-So-Scary” Days complete with haunted houses, pumpkin patch and a Spooky Halloween Express Train geared for kids. Make sure you visit a Long Island pumpkin farm to pick your pumpkins before they are gone for the season.
- In the mood for a show? Goldilocks & The Three Bears has performances again at Long Island Children’s Museum and one of our favorite kids’ rock groups, Bari Koral Family Rock Band, will be performing on Sunday in Old Westbury.
- Register a team and invite family, friends, neighbors and business associates to join the 18th Annual Walk Along For Lupus to support those living with lupus in the Long Island/Queens area, as well as support novel research into the cause and cure of lupus.
- Nassau Coliseum will be hosting the 2012-Model Long Island Auto Show which is free for everyone every day.
- Head into the city and visit New York Comic Con Kids, which is specially planned with younger comic fans in mind. It will highlight various comic characters and offers workshops that any pint-sized comic enthusiast will enjoy, so bring your favorite little sidekicks for a day of super family fun.
There is more information on these and other events on our Community Calendar, updated daily with new events & happenings around Long Island. Whatever you do, have a great weekend!