If you are still trying to think of some great ideas of what to do with the kids this weekend, here are our top picks. Details on these events and others can be found on our Community Calendar (we have hundreds of fun things to do with your family listed, make sure to check it out!).
- In the mood to relax and see a show? Try The Tale of the Frog Prince this weekend at the Vanderbilt Mansion Carriage House in Centerport. This is an audience participation comedy based on the story of a lonely Frog Prince who lives in a swamp on a large kingly estate. However, he is really a prince who has been turned into a frog by a wicked witch who cast a spell upon him. In order to break the spell, the frog must be kissed by a beautiful princess, which is done with hilarious results. Shows are on Saturday and Sunday at 1pm and calling in advance to reserve and purchase seats is recommended.
- Go see Pinkalicious at the John W. Engemann Theater in Northport, playing both Saturday and Sunday. Their productions are fantastic – get a little piece of Broadway without having to haul into the city!
- Can’t get tickets to see the Knicks? Visit Nassau Coliseum as they host the equally amazing Harlem Globetrotters on Sunday at 1 and 5pm. Monster dunks, crazy antics, hilarious jokes, and amazing basketball skills will have you laughing out loud.
- It really is winter here, although based on our weather lately, you really wouldn’t know it. Take your pick to ice skate this weekend – open sessions are scheduled for both Saturday and Sunday at the Town of Oyster Bay Ice Rink in Bethpage (indoors) or Marjorie R. Post & Syosset-Woodbury Park Community Ice Rinks (outdoors).
- Visit a museum – as always, Long Island Children’s Museum is offering a bunch of programs for kids, including Messy Afternoons (your kids can make a mess and you don’t have to worry about cleanup!) and Nassau County Museum of Art has Family Sundays at the Museum offering supervised art activities for youngsters and the adults in their lives.
Whatever you do this weekend, have a great time!