Yet another weekend is upon us! I am always so busy that sometimes I feel like all of my days kind of meld into one – do you ever feel that way? The weather this weekend is supposed to be beautiful and we’ve got a calendar chock full of fun things to do. Here are our top pics for things to do this weekend with the kids around Long Island. (Details on these events and others can be found on our Community Calendar where we have hundreds of fun things to do with your family listed, make sure to check it out!).
- If you have a child who loves to build, take a ride out East and visit the Children’s Museum of the East End in Bridgehampton where your kids can enjoy the Lego Club from 10am until noon.
- Pinkalicious is still playing at the John W. Engemann Theater in Northport and Pinocchio is at the Vanderbilt Estate Carriage House Theater in Centerport. Both shows have performances on Saturday and Sunday.
- Moms and daughters can meet acclaimed children’s author and Long Island native Kelly Florio Kasouf at Bloomingdale’s in Roosevelt Field Mall as she reads & signs her book, The Super Adventures of Sophie in the City. Enjoy a tea party as your daughter will hear all about Sophie’s adventures in publishing, fashion, travel and adventure.
- Get your kids to dance and sing along with one of our favorite kids’ music superstars, Bari Koral, at The Dolphin Bookshop in Port Washington. Bari will play music from and sign her new CD, Anna and the Cupcakes.
- The Early Childhood Center of The Community Synagogue in Port Washington is hosting its Sixth Annual Family Fun Day benefit concert. This year’s tribute to Woodstock & the 60’s, kids style, will be held on Sunday, featuring a DJ, dancing, games, crafts, activities and a picnic lunch.
- If you’re feeling like you want to give back, visit The Sports Arena and let your kids play in bounce houses, Ga-ga and more at Jump In for Justice: Super Sports Event & Pajama Drive on Sunday. Bring a pair of pajamas and books to donate to children in need across Long Island.
Whatever you do, have a fantastic weekend!