With Halloween behind us and Thanksgiving and the holiday season coming up quickly (have you seen Santa in the malls yet??), every family still asks the same questions every week – what should we do this weekend? With the kids out of school on Friday for Veteran’s Day, here are our top picks for the long weekend.
- Disney on Ice is performing the latest show, Dare to Dream, at Nassau Coliseum this week. This is an unforgettable family experience and tickets are still available.
- As the weather gets colder, take the kids and spend the day at the many indoor playgrounds and open play spaces around Long Island like Once Upon A Treetop or Gymboree.
- Long Island’s premier consignment sale is hitting Suffolk County this weekend! The Kids Kloset will have over 30,000 new and almost new items for babies and kids. The sale is this weekend at the Deer Park Community Center.
- Leave the kids home and have a date night – eat at the restaurant you’ve been wanting to try but didn’t want to splurge. Long Island Restaurant Week is still on through November 14. With over 189 restaurants offering $24.95 price-fixe meals, you’ll be sure to have a great dinner and not break the bank.
- Take the entire family to Our Night Out at the Vanderbilt Planetarium will include stories about bats, bears and other night-time animals. Children will learn about the night-sky, planets Jupiter and Venus which can be seen over Long Island in the fall, and meteor showers and afterwards can touch real meteorites in our lobby. This is a super popular event and often sells out so you’ll need to make reservations in advance.
You can find more information on these picks and other events on our Community Calendar.
What are you doing this weekend??