It’s Friday again. Love. This. Day. And this weekend is extra special because it’s got a third day, so happy Columbus Day all. Even if you don’t have the day off, it’s one less day to make lunch, get the kids up and off to school and run around to activities. Hooray!! We will be at a soccer tournament all day Saturday (please wish and hope for us that the rain holds out!), hanging out with friends and of course the boys will be enjoying yet another “Football Sunday”.
If you haven’t checked it out yet, we’ve put together a Pinterest board dedicated to Halloween events on Long Island, plus a great post with details on some more Long Island Halloween events for kids and families. Enjoy!
Whatever you are doing this weekend, have a great one. Here are some (17!) great ideas for this weekend—
- The Little Mermaid marionnette show (Long Island Puppet Theater, Hicksville)
- FREE Crafts for Kids (Lakeshore Learning, New Hyde Park)
- Free magic lessons (Magic Shop Long Island, Levittown)
- Open swingset play (Wood Kingdom, Farmingdale)
- Family Sundays at the Museum (Nassau County Museum of Art, Roslyn Harbor)
- Put together your own Cookie Mix (Long Island Children’s Museum, Garden City)
- Glow-in-the-dark bowling (RVC Lanes, Rockville Centre)
- Haunted House & Family Fun Fair (Eisenhower Park, East Meadow)
- Bunnicula (Engeman Theater, Northport)
- Saturday Open Play (Once Upon a Treetop, Plainview)
- Fall Festival (Sagtikos Manor, West Bay Shore)
- Fall Harvest Festival (Mill Neck Manor, Mill Neck)
- See the Jack O’Lanterns (Old Westbury Gardens, Old Westbury)
- Get messy at the museum (Long Island Children’s Museum, Garden City)
- Walk and say FAREwell to food allergies (Eisenhower Park, East Meadow)
- Make Columbus Day Pizza (What’s Cooking?, Oyster Bay)
- Ultimate Sneaker Expo (Ultimate Gaga, Syosset)
Are you involved with a great event here on Long Island? If you’d like your event to be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, please e-mail a description & URL to info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans” in your subject.