It’s Friday! So that means we’re posting Weekend Plans, and this week we have 14 fun things to do on Long Island over the weekend! Of course if you subscribe to our blog, you’ll receive all of this great info by e-mail on Friday mornings, with more than enough time to plan your weekends. If you are working on or know of an upcoming event that should be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, shoot me a quick e-mail with a description & URL for event details (please include “Weekend Plans” in the subject of the email).
We’re moving quickly into New Year’s – do you have plans? Remember to visit our Guide to Family Friendly New Year’s Eve Celebrations on Long Island – there are many things to do as a family to ring in the New Year.
Things to do on Long Island – December 27/28, 2014
Some events require advance reservations and/or ticketing, so make sure to plan ahead!
- If your kids love Annie, be sure to take them to see a live performance of Annie, Jr. at the The Showplace at Bellmore Movies through December 31. (Bellmore)
- Long Island native Stacey Peasley performs with the Stacey Peasley Band at the LICM Theater, rocking out for their newest CD “Lucky Day”. (Garden City)
- Stay in the Christmas spirit just a little longer with Barnaby Saves Christmas at Theater Three (Port Jefferson)
Travel with “The Snowflake Man” through historic 1920’s through art, science and some American History in this puppet show at Goat on a Boat Theater. (Sag Harbor)
Enjoy the last flickers of the Holiday Lights Spectacular at Jones Beach through January 3. (Wantagh)
- “Family Sundays at the Museum.” Converse, collaborate and create together each Sunday 1 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nassau County Museum of Art
- Check out the interactive annual holiday train display at the Town of Babylon History Museum (Babylon)
- Drop in to the Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum for the “Frozen” party. (Cold Spring Harbor)
- Kids can enjoy a free craft and make a noisemaker to ring in 2015 at Lakeshore Learning Center. (New Hyde Park)
- Weekend Kids Club at Hampton Kids (Wainscott)
- Watch a fun family magic show including magic, music, balloons and other entertainment at Tricky Business. (East Meadow)
- Go to the movies and see The Muppets Take Manhattan during the Cinema Arts Centre‘s Cinema For Kids program (free admission for kids 12 and under). (Huntington)
- Watch and laugh as the Harlem Globetrotters bring their smooth moves to Nassau Coliseum. (Uniondale)
- See some great kids theater too! The Wizard of Oz (Smithtown), Mary Poppins (Bay Shore) Peter Pan (Oakdale) or Frosty the Snowman (Elmont).
No matter what you do, have a great weekend!
If you’re a local business and you’re looking to sponsor a Weekend Plans post, please e-mail info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans Sponsor Inquiry” in your subject.