Usually our best event posts are focused on things to do on Long Island over the weekend, but today we are bringing you a special edition of Weekend Plans: Halloween Edition, where you can find the most fun things to do on Long Island with your kids to celebrate Halloween.
Regular Weekend Plans roundups will resume on Thursday for this weekend. Enjoy and don’t forget to stay safe!
Things to Do on Long Island for Halloween
- * Pump it Up in Bohemia is hosting a number of different events on Thursday 10/30/14 including the Not So Scary Jump & Craft, Not Too Scary Bounce and the Not So Scary Glow Halloween.
- All guests celebrating Halloween at the Long Island Aquarium & Exhibition Center on Friday 10/31/14 will receive 50% off regular admission prices (Riverhead)
- The Not So Spooky Walk on the afternoon of 10/25/14 at the Clark Botanic Garden is great for all ages and costs just $3/person. (Albertson)
- * Once Upon A Treetop has Halloween themed Kidz Night In on 10/25/14. Enjoy a night out while your little ones celebrate Halloween! (Plainview)
- The Town of Oyster Bay’s Annual Fall and Halloween Festival has an appearance on 10/25/14 at Marjorie Post Park (Massapequa)
- Spooky (and a little bit scary!) creatures, eerie lighting and characters will be fun for the whole family 10/24/14 through 10/26/14 and the following weekend, 10/31/14 through 11/2/14 at Spooky Fest (Rockville Centre)
- * Witness some Halloween magic with Magic Bob on 10/25/14
- Creepy creatures, games, spooky crafts and more will be going on at the Whaling Museum‘s Haunted Wail-ing Museum & Festival on the afternoon of 10/26/14 (Cold Spring Harbor)
- Kids can enjoy a hands-on art activity and trick or treat at the Heckscher Museum on 10/31/14. Kids in costume and their families will also get free admission. (Huntington)
- See Otto the Ghost in his new costumes at Hicks Nurseries every day through Halloween. (Westbury)
- Annual Pumpkin Park and Safe Trick or Treating at Adventureland will be on 10/25/14. (Farmingdale)
- The Madison Theater at Molloy College comes alive on 10/25/14 with the 2nd Annual Halloween Fun Fest. (Rockville Centre)
- Celebrate on 10/31/14 with Stony Brook Village‘s 24th Annual Halloween Festival and trick-or-treat throughout the village (Stony Brook)
- Extend Halloween a little bit at the Eat, Drink & Be Scary brunch (11/2/14) and the Halloween Party (11/1/14) at the Long Island Aquarium (Riverhead)
- Wear your costume to the family friendly Halloween Party at Safari Adventure on 10/25/14 (Riverhead)
- The Long Island Maritime Museum will have it’s 24th Annual Boat Burning on the evening of 10/24/14 (Sayville)
- Celebrate Halloween the Diva way at Darlings & Divas on 10/30/14 (Amityville)
- Trick or treat (and more!) in the Haunted Hangar at the American “Scare”Power Museum on 10/26/14 (Garden City)
- See the ridiculously amazing carved pumpkins during Rise of the Jack-O-Lanterns at Old Westbury Gardens (specific dates through 11/2/14) (Old Westbury)
- All ghosts and goblins are invited to the Haunted Hatchery at the Cold Spring Harbor Fish Hatchery on 10/25/14 (Cold Spring Harbor)
- Long Island Children’s Museum will celebrate Halloween at the 13th Annual Ghostly Gala on 10/25/14 (advanced tickets are required) (Garden City)
- Walk the delightfully Haunted Castle Halloween Party through the castle rooms with ghosts (big and small), witches, bats and coffins, plus spooky crafts and treats available on 10/26/14 at the Sands Point Preserve (Port Washington)
- Benner’s Farm will offer a Pumpkin Carving Workshop for kids on 10/25/14 and Haunted Hayrides during the evening on 10/31/14 (East Setauket)
- See the Maniac Pumpkin Carvers (winners of Halloween Wars 2012!) following the afternoon parade in downtown Glen Cove on 10/25/14 (Glen Cove)
- The Gateway Playhouse is hosting a Not So Scary Adventure for Kids, which has been named by Mommy Poppins as one of the ‘best haunted houses on LI for kids’ weekends through November 1 (Bellport)
- Harbes Family Farm has opened their Spooky Corn Maze during evenings/nights through the end of October (Jamesport)
- Take a walk by hauntingly historical buildings and ghoulishly grassy fields at Manor Farm’s Haunted Trail Nights the weekend of 10/24-26/14. If you want to bring the kids, come on Sunday, 10/26/14 to the Not-So-Spooky Trail.
- Safe trick-or-treating at Smith Haven Mall on Halloween afternoon (Smithtown) and at Walt Whitman Shops on Halloween evening (Huntington Station)
- Northport Village is open for trick-or-treating in the Halloween Safe Zone on Halloween (Northport)
- Halloween Happenings around the town of Patchogue – trick-or-treat on Halloween through the many businesses and collect tokens to trade in for prizes. (Patchogue)
- Trick-or-Treat Tanger Style – both locations for Tanger Outlets will provide special trick-or-treat bags to visitors who check in, and then your little ones can bring those bags to participating stores in the complex for special treats. (Riverhead & Deer Park)
* This event requires an advance registration, so be sure to click the link for more information.
Are you involved with a great event here on Long Island? If you’d like your event to be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, please e-mail a description & URL to info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans” in your subject.