Early this week, I heard we were going to be bracing for a big snowstorm this weekend, so I checked with my trusted My Weather Concierge on Facebook. Even though I know him personally (college friend), I trust his weather advice over any other. If you haven’t checked him out yet, you totally should, and see what he’s saying about this weekend’s weather.
As always, we’ve put together a great listing of some really fun things to do on Long Island with the kids this weekend (including Monday!). Don’t forget that as a subscriber, you’ll get a reminder newsletter each Friday morning with links to all of our best posts of the week (including this one!). Visit the colored bar at the top of the page and sign up!
If you are working on or know of an upcoming event that should be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, shoot me a quick e-mail with a description & URL for event details (please include “Weekend Plans” in the subject of the email).
Things to do on Long Island – January 24/25, 2015
Some events require advance reservations and/or ticketing, so make sure to plan ahead!
- Free crafts for kids at Lakeshore Learning Center (New Hyde Park)
- Drop in to Michael’s and let the kids enjoy 30 minutes of craft time in the Kids Club. (Locations across Long Island)
- Learn all about bones – find out how many bones are in the human body, what your bones say about you, compare your bones to other animals and make a skeleton – all at the Long Island Science Center . (Riverhead)
Mummenschanz will be at the Tilles Center this weekend for one performance only! For more than 40 years, this silent troupe has enchanted audiences of all ages and cultures with their incredible, colorful and downright weird creatures. Ages 6-106. (Greenvale)
- Kids can participate in FIT 4 Long Island‘s free cooking workshops this weekend that will promote a kid friendly approach to hands on cooking, tasting and team building activities at UFC Huntington (Friday night at 7pm, Saturday at 1pm) or Real Deal Fitness Gym (Sunday at noon). Advanced registration is required. (Huntington, East Setauket)
Children’s Theater on Long Island – January 24/25, 2015
There are so many shows at local theaters going on this weekend, it needed its own list:
- Showplace at the Bellmore Movies presents Peter Pan
- Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts presents The Wizard of Oz
- Bayway Arts Center (Bay Shore) presents The Little Mermaid
- Broadhollow at Elmont (Elmont) presents Aladdin
- Merrick Theater & Center for the Arts (Merrick) presents High School Musical
To sponsor a Weekend Plans post, please e-mail info@LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans Sponsor Inquiry” in your subject.