Hope that everyone is ready for Halloween with costumes and candy! Remember to be safe! Don’t forget to check all of our Halloween ideas if you need some last minute inspiration. Of course, we’ve also put together a list of amazing Halloween events, including some great places for safe trick-or-treating events – don’t forget to check those out. And, if you’re entertaining a bunch of kids tonight and aren’t sure what to do with them, check out these cute (and easy) Halloween crafts for kids (they are pretty easy, even for non-crafters). Above all, of course, enjoy!!
Now we can get ready for Thanksgiving. Isn’t it crazy how one holiday just melds right into the next? Bed, Bath and Beyond was already playing Christmas music in the store a few weeks ago. Thanksgiving I am ready for but not sure I am ready for the Christmas/Hanukkah holiday season yet. Wasn’t it just summer?? I’m dreaming of laying on a beach somewhere!
As always, Weekend Plans, our roundup of fun things to do on Long Island over the weekend is below. Of course if you subscribe to our blog, you’ll receive all of this great info by e-mail on Friday mornings, with more than enough time to plan your weekends. Click through any of the links for more information about each event. And if you are working on or know of an upcoming event that should be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, shoot me a quick e-mail with a description & URL for event details (please include “Weekend Plans” in the subject of the email).
Things to do on Long Island – November 1/2, 2014
- Kids can get up-close to big rigs and other unique vehicles at Smith Haven Mall‘s Touch-A-Truck event (Smithtown)
- Disney on Ice “Frozen” has performances at Nassau Coliseum through November 9 (Uniondale)
- This is the final weekend to see The Wizard of Oz at the John Engeman Theater (Northport)
- Finish Halloween off on a great note seeing over 5,000 beautifully carved Jack-o’-Lanterns (Old Westbury)
- If you are planning a Bar or Bat Mitzvah, don’t miss the Celebrate! Party Showcase at the Melville Marriott where you can get thousands of ideas in one place. Admission is free, but it is recommended that you pre-register at www.celebrateshowcase.com to avoid long lines. (Melville)
- Long Island Children’s Museum is celebrating Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) by letting kids create their own sugar skulls and learn about the customs of this holiday (Garden City)
- See Dora the Explorer at the Merrick Theatre (Merrick)
- Explore the Nassau County Museum of Art on Family Sundays (Roslyn Harbor)
Some events require advance reservations and/or ticketing, so make sure to plan ahead!
If you’re a local business and you’re looking to sponsor a Weekend Plans post, please e-mail info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans Sponsor Inquiry” in your subject.