Weekend Plans is back! I was traveling for work last week and wasn’t able to post ahead of time. Once again, I’m saying “What a crazy week” – I think that is going to be my mantra for many weeks to come!
Are you ready for Thanksgiving? It’s already on Thursday! Don’t forget to check my Thanksgiving Pinterest board for lots of Thanksgiving themed recipes and crafts. Next up – Christmas, Hanukkah and New Years – can you believe that?
As always, Weekend Plans, our roundup of fun things to do on Long Island over the weekend is below. Of course if you subscribe to our blog, you’ll receive all of this great info by e-mail on Friday mornings, with more than enough time to plan your weekends. Click through any of the links for more information about each event. And if you are working on or know of an upcoming event that should be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, shoot me a quick e-mail with a description & URL for event details (please include “Weekend Plans” in the subject of the email).
Things to do on Long Island – November 22/23, 2014
- Pick up a scavenger hunt and search for objects at the Whaling Museum (Cold Spring Harbor) and the LI Maritime Museum (West Sayville).
- Explore the Nassau County Museum of Art on Family Sundays (Roslyn Harbor)
- Free crafts for kids at Lakeshore Learning Center (New Hyde Park)
- Get a peek at all of the contents of Dr. Seuss’s Hat Closet, the first time the hats have traveled outside of his home! (Northport)
- Experience an amazing family sleepover at the Long Island Aquarium. (Riverhead)
- Pucker up! Learn all about and taste cranberries, and make your own cranberry kissing ball for Thanksgiving. (Old Westbury)
- Don’t miss the holiday tree lighting at Green Acres Mall with free activities for the kids! (Valley Stream)
- Celebrate Thanksgiving like it’s 1863, complete with cooking demonstrations, dancing, music, and more at the Old Bethpage Village Restoration. (Old Bethpage)
- Celebrate Thanksgiving with hands-on activities to celebrate Native American Culture. (Glen Cove)
- Learn more about the science of turkey. (Riverhead)
- Tour the Parrish Art Gallery and spend time in the studio creating art with the entire family. (Water Mill)
- The holiday lights are back at Jones Beach after taking a many year break! Through January 5, enjoy 2.5 miles of over 150 light displays. (Wantagh)
Some events require advance reservations and/or ticketing, so make sure to plan ahead!
If you’re a local business and you’re looking to sponsor a Weekend Plans post, please e-mail info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans Sponsor Inquiry” in your subject.