Happy Thanksgiving! It came up so fast this year, and now it’s gone. Did you shop on Black Friday? I did not this year, I wind up doing most of my shopping online. Much better for me than being at the stores at the crack of dawn on Friday morning after hosting Thanksgiving on Thursday.
Did you see our post yesterday on 3 different ways your kids can get a letter from Santa this year? Don’t miss it, I could just imagine the look on some faces when they get that letter from the North Pole!
As always, Weekend Plans, our roundup of fun things to do on Long Island over the weekend is below. Of course if you subscribe to our blog, you’ll receive all of this great info by e-mail on Friday mornings, with more than enough time to plan your weekends. Click through any of the links for more information about each event. And if you are working on or know of an upcoming event that should be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, shoot me a quick e-mail with a description & URL for event details (please include “Weekend Plans” in the subject of the email).
Things to do on Long Island – November 29/30, 2014
- Feel like heading out east? The Montauk Lighthouse will be lit for the holidays on Saturday (rain date 12/6). (Montauk)
- Support your neighborhood business owners and shop locally for Small Business Saturday this weekend. If you have an American Express card, be sure to register it and you’ll get up to $30 in credits for shopping small businesses. Check their site for details. (Everywhere)
- Keep on enjoying the Jones Beach Holiday Light Spectacular. (Wantagh)
- Start a new holiday tradition with Mooseltoe, a moose who wants to fly with Sata’s reindeer at Gateway Playhouse. (Bellport)
- ‘Tis the season! Head over to Gingerbread University for Gingerbread Decorating Hours. You will definitely want to call to make a reservation before because they get crowded! (Riverhead)
- Ready to ice skate? The Rinx officially opens their ice rink on Friday with some public skate sessions. (Port Jefferson)
- Learn about electricity and how it works with winter lights at the Long Island Science Center. (Riverhead)
- Plaza Theatrical is ending their performances of Pinkalicious. (Bellmore)
- Let the kids make a mess that you don’t need to clean up! LICM hosts Messy Afternoons – don’t worry about the mess for once! (Garden City)
- The Cradle of Aviation Museum is hosting the 25th Annual Festival of Trees this weekend. Enjoy lots of holiday decorations and activities for kids, a fundraiser for UCPN. (Garden City)
- Love hockey? The Islanders are playing the NJ Devils on Saturday night at the Nassau Coliseum – get tickets from Ticketmaster. (Uniondale)
- Enjoy Cocoa, Crafts and Carols at Sayville Conregational Church, including a small boutique. (Sayville)
Some events require advance reservations and/or ticketing, so make sure to plan ahead!
If you’re a local business and you’re looking to sponsor a Weekend Plans post, please e-mail info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans Sponsor Inquiry” in your subject.