Most of us have a long weekend with Columbus Day on Monday (or at least the kids do). The weather for Saturday looks sort of lousy but the rest of the weekend looks okay. If you aren’t sure what your plans are, check the list below of 17 things to do this weekend with your family. Get those outdoor fall festivals in while you can, before you know it, we’ll be sitting here in the snow!
Click through any of the links for more information about each event.
Weekend Plans, October 11-12, 2014
- peace. love. lemonade to support Breast Cancer Awareness Port Washington
- Pumpkins, kids activities, apples and more at Mill Neck Mill Neck
- Babylon Fall Festival Lindenhurst
- Start celebrating Halloween early Woodbury
- Arts in the Plaza Long Beach
- Celebrate Origami artists at the HUM Hempstead
- Fall Festival at Deepwells St. James
- Hear stories, ride the Pumpkin Patch Train and have a train play day Riverhead
- Be a detective on the beach Montauk
- Walk down the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy and Toto again! Northport
- Fall Festival at Heckscher Museum Huntington
- Learn about predator animals (and get to meet some!) Smithtown
- Science Saturdays Riverhead
- Get crafty with free crafts for kids New Hyde Park
- Family Sundays at the Nassau County Museum of Art Roslyn
- Jump around at Open Jump Bohemia
- Celebrate Sukkot in your pajamas on Columbus Day Jericho
Are you involved with a great event here on Long Island? If you’d like your event to be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, please e-mail a description & URL to info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans” in your subject.