I can’t believe I am already putting together another Weekend Plans post – I feel like I just did this for last week! This week has been so busy – we took a family trip to Washington D.C. last weekend (posts coming soon on this) and because of the Columbus Day holiday, this was a short week for school (even though it felt super long). This weekend, I am going on a girls weekend to NYC – and time is FLYING! Can it slow down please?
There are so many things to do on Long Island this weekend and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous, so make sure you get in as much outdoor time as you can before it gets cold (I heard rumblings today of another polar vortex this winter and I just ignored it!). As always, click through any of the links below for more information about each event, and let us know what you’re working on.
If you’re getting ready for Halloween, make sure to check out all of the Halloween ideas we’ve posted about. And don’t forget to subscribe to our blog and receive all the posts by e-mail on Tuesday and Friday mornings.
Things to do on Long Island – October 18/19, 2014
- Run (or walk) a 5K, plus a bonus 1/4 mile kids Fun Run
- Relax and enjoy The Lego Movie, free for kids 12 and under (Huntington)
- Rock out with Bari Koral Family Rock Band (Port Washington)**
- Enjoy Alice’s Autumn Tea Party with the St. Joseph’s College Show Choir (Patchogue)**
- Get a dose of healthy living (Smithtown)
- Walk down the Yellow Brick Road with Dorothy and Toto again! (Northport)**
- Bring the kids and remember your youth watching Carole & Paula from The Magic Garden in concert (Bay Shore)**
- Kids and American Girl fashions galore at the American Girl Fashion Show (Hicksville)**
- Get your scream on in time for Halloween (Bayville)
- Make a Fun Frankenstein Mask at local Michaels locations
- Old fashioned hay rides, scarecrow making and more at the 2014 Apple Festival (Huntington)
- Enjoy a New York Halloween tradition at Boo at the Zoo (Bronx)
** This event requires an advance registration or ticketing, so be sure to click the link for more information.
Are you involved with a great event here on Long Island? If you’d like your event to be considered for a future Weekend Plans post, please e-mail a description & URL to info @ LIParentSource.com and include “Weekend Plans” in your subject.