There are tons of things to do with your family this weekend all around Long Island – here our roundup with the best picks. Plus in observance of Columbus Day, schools are closed on Monday which extends the relaxing time for the kids for another day.
- Spend some time outdoors while the weather is still nice – before you know it, we’ll be up to our ears in snow! This weekend brings two days of country music, BBQ, crafts and more at the Long Island Maritime Museum’s Country Fest. The Riverhead Country Fair will also rides, kids entertainment and over 400 vendors.
- Register a team and invite family, friends, neighbors and business associates to join the Walk for Food Allergies at Eisenhower Park. Together, we can all walk towards a cure!
- Relax while your kids run around and expend some energy at open plays at Gymboree and Once Upon A Treetop, or Pop In Playtime at Pump It Up in Bohemia.
- Get the whole family into the Halloween mood and visit the Daytime Corn Maze & Kids Haunted House at Schmitt’s Family Farm. You can also stay there or visit another Long Island pumpkin farm to pick your pumpkins.
- Halloween isn’t just for the kids – if you have some adult time, take your pick of the scary haunted houses around Long Island at Bayville Fire Company #1 or the Valley Stream Fire Department.
- Kids can learn about safety and take a ride on firetrucks at Syosset Fire Department’s Open House. Parents, representatives will also be on hand to provide you with free child ID kits.
- Watch a live performance of everyone’s favorite stories, Goldilocks & The Three Bears, at Long Island Children’s Museum.
- On Monday, the Cold Spring Harbor Whaling Museum will celebrate Harry Potter with a scavenger hunt around the museum.
- Bring your little ones to celebrate the Jewish Holiday of Sukkot with a screening of Shalom Sesame’s Sukkot episode, plus a craft and a snack.
To all of our Jewish friends,have a happy new year and an easy fast. If you have the extra day off on Monday for Columbus day, enjoy the long weekend.
For more information on these and other events, visit our Community Calendar, updated daily with new events & happenings around Long Island.